Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Seamus Steps Out!


Nanapow came in Friday night until Saturday afternoon to keep me company because Jim had to work on Saturday.

It was nice to have company and someone to force me to get out of the apartment. Right now, everything gives me anxiety, and the idea of getting Seamus ready and in the Baby Bjorn or the stroller by myself is overwhelming. So I needed a little push. Nana got the stroller out (thanks again, Lamberts!) and figured out how to push the seat back for Seamus. We got his clothes on, put the "Bundle Me" in and took off. We walked around Wall Street, past Trinity Church and back to John Street. It was a short walk but it really accomplished a lot. I can do this by myself now that we did the first run together.


Another first also happened today. I was alone in the apartment for the first time in nearly 40 days! Jim took Nana to Grand Central and Seamus accompanied him in the Baby Bjorn. It was a very cute sight, and I wish I had gotten a photo, but I was so nervous sending them off alone and giving Jim instructions about not smothering my baby that I didn't get the camera out. Jim had the Baby Bjorn on his front and the very girly diaper bag (thanks, Holly!) on his back like a backpack. I think Nana got some pics, so I'll post when she send them to me.

What did I do with my precious hour of free time? I watched some crappy reality TV, turned up to a normal volume and had some ramen noodle soup. It was nice to be alone, but I felt like my arm was missing or something. Jim loved being out with Seamus and I once again realize how happy I am to have such a wonderful husband.

For his outings today Seamus sported a striped, handknitted hat by Kristen, Rowan's hand-me-down, green "RIBBIT" pants, and the throwback striped t-shirt by Auntie Lizzie.

1 comment:

juliedrys said...

Man, he looks comfy! That's how I'd like to get around in Manhattan...somehow the taxis are never like this...

Glad you had some time alone in the apartment Greta, though I remember that feeling like I was missing an appendage when I didn't have a baby attached.

Gotta see the pics of Jim with the girly diaper bag.

And Stephanie would say that striped shirts are not retro, they are way back in but must be paired with ultra-skinny jeans and Converse high tops, and ideally a hoodie with the name of some obscure indie band. Just wait til he's big enough for her start sending him clothes!